Thursday, March 25, 2010

Roommates



Ok, I know that I have written about Landlords before, now I want to vent about roommates. I have actually lived with different types of people without prior knowledge of knowing them. All ranging from colour, sex, sexual orientation and religion. All in all, I can say that the worst roommates that I have had so far have been guys (no offence).

My previous roommate was an international student from Pakistan who had never lifted a finger to clean up anything in his life. He was a hairy mother fucker (pardon my language) who happened to shed most of his hair in the washroom. It is more like he added a layer of carpet to the bathroom floor. I told him that we should alternate the cleaning schedule but when his turn came, it was either he was never around, or just never did his part. To even make it worse, there was a time that we ran out of tissue. Since I was the one who bought the previous package, I thought it wise that he should buy the next batch. Upon notifying him on the issue, he had the gots to tell me that he did not use as much tissue but instead used water. That was when I flipped my lid and we got into a shouting match at 7am in the morning.

Now back the present, I currently have a roommate who is gay and from Bangladesh. He’s a nice guy and all but I will like to differ on the opinion that gay guys are neat because this guy is a story on his own. Not only does he smoke in his room, which I smell in the rest of the house, but he never lifts up the seat when he wants to use the toilet. To make it even worse, in the event that he splashes some of his urine on the seat, he never bothers to clean it up. I have even told him about this problem and I thought it would be embarrassing for him and it would sink in but NO, the fool still does the same thing over and over again. Right now as I am typing this blog at work (lol), there are piles of dishes in the sink which have been there for the past 7 days and counting. I told him to wash them but he has been MIA ever since. I am thinking of placing them right in front of his room door but I can’t even stand touching those dishes with the rotten food remains.

I’m not one for passive aggressiveness (e.g. writing notes and posting it) but I am on the verge of ripping someone’s brains out. What do you guys expect me to do?

3 comments:

  1. I suggest you have a chat with him next time you guys are together not just mentioning things. As for the plates in the sink, maybe you better wash them before you contract something.

    Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've tried chatting but it hasn't worked so far. Thankfully, he did wash the dishes on the day I wrote the blog. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never had a room mate and quite honestly I think I would go crazy, especially given that you would be sharing spaces like the kitchen! A lot of it has to so with upbringing. If you never had to lift a finger in your own home, chances are you will do the same else where.

    ReplyDelete