Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day


So today is Father's Day,
I want to wish all the fathers that are actually in contact with their children a happy father's day.
It's funny that Mother's Day is more celebrated than Father's Day.
Have you ever wondered how the world would have been if parents shared equal responsibility?
Ever wondered what would have happened if men took the role as women?
Sorry for my banter but i didn't get to wish my dad a happy father's day.
You may be wondering why, but the reason is that I just recently started talking to him.
Don't know the whole story but i know it took him 18 years to catch up with me.
I'm 21 now, so I barely even know what he looks like. I can't even bring myself to calling him dad.
So I say one more time, Happy Father's Day to the fathers, who were actually there.


Father, don't you see
What your absence does to me?
I used to be your little girl,
Now I'm struggling to find
My place in this world

Your lack of time and affection
Has made me defective
I search for love from the wrong men,
The kind set on living in sin.

I've become so cold and indifferent
Because of your distance.
I can't give my heart to anyone,
Your lack of love have caused
My emotions to come undone.

How will I ever have a relationship
As long as I keep falling in this pit?
Am I forced to live my life alone
Because you can't pick up the phone?

Father, why can't you see
What your apathy does to me?
I hate you for making me a statistic
And for making me go ballistic.

I hope the day will finally come
When you will see what you have done
If only you had really cared
And tried to be there.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful poem..
    I'm sorry on his behalf.. If it means anything..

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoaa...this poem is very touching... he missed a good thing... its his loss...

    ReplyDelete